Wednesday, June 17, 2015

Home.

WARNING: 

This post is basically all about Baylor so don't read it if you can't bear it. 


So it's been a while. Like.. longer than a while. Graduating high school took a tad more time & effort than I had anticipated.. so I haven't had much time to myself. Between waking up at noon, working at Super Sno & having a mountain of unwritten thank you notes staring at me, it's taken me a while to find some time to blog. 

I also couldn't really think of anything worth blogging about. Sure, graduation is a big deal, but it's the exact same everywhere you go. How many times does a person really want to read about walking across a stage or throwing a hat up in the air? (Okay, so it was pretty cool, but that's cause I was actually doing it. Reading about it isn't so exciting.) 

Last week I attended orientation for Baylor, where I'll be attending school in the fall. I know everyone reading this probably knew that already, since I only post about my blog on social media accounts & basically 8/10 posts on my social media accounts are, in fact, about Baylor. Those few days I spent on campus with my perfect roommate made me realize how incredibly blessed I am. I hadn't really realized how much time I'm going to be spending at Baylor until recently. That sounds stupid, I know. Everyone knows you live on campus freshman year. This fact doesn't hit you too hard until summer before move-in. I sit around my house & think about how my new home is going to be a small room I'll be sharing with another human for two semesters.

& it honestly could not feel more like home.

I am absolutely in love with Baylor & I don't mean just as a school or a campus. The community of Baylor University is unlike anything I've ever experienced. One of the first things we did at orientation was learn the hymn that was written just for the incoming freshman class. We'll be singing it in Chapel a lot, which is a required "class" for freshmen at Baylor. I'm so blessed to be attending a university with such a great focus on Christianity & fellowship. God knew exactly where I needed to be when he led me to Baylor University.

The people I met at Baylor were unreal. Natalie (my roommate) & I found ourselves easing into conversations with complete strangers who we were soon screaming cheers at the top of our lungs with in McLane & quietly laughing at the total cheesiness of some of the presentations we were given. I've met quite a few people from Baylor already on social media, as well as being part of the Baylor Trap House group message, which now holds about 500 incoming freshmen. Meeting these people in person was so much fun, & I loved every second of it.

I'm taking 15 hours this semester. Approximately 9am to 3pm Monday-Friday. This may not sound like a lot of time but the idea of having a regular school day all week in college isn't exactly what I had in mind. But I also feel like taking these classes will be a lot of fun because it'll actually apply to what I plan on doing for the rest of my life.

This was a super non-enlightening post but I just felt like maybe updating everyone on what's happening in my life. Sorry if this totally & completely wasted your time. 

Thanks & sic 'em. 



No comments:

Post a Comment